Sunday 4 December 2011

A handmade Christmas....

Hi all....
Well my family and I decided after the craziness of last year that we would have a 'Handmade Christmas' this year.. such a great idea and so personal!
I have been busy working on many projects over the last weeks and I'll share this one today..
Mum and I go to the Brisbane Papercraft show every year (it's OUR thang!) and when she fell in love with a beautiful piece of art by Jane Tragenza, I knew I would have a go at something similar for her for Christmas.  Boy oy boy - harder than I thought and I seriously take my hat off to the VERY TALENTED Jane Tregenza .. her work is just breathtaking and inspiring!

I used Echo Park papers and stickers (Times and Seasons) and various flowers, ribbons and trinkets.

Even though it was a time consuming project, it was LOTS of fun and quite cheap to do ... I bought an old frame (with no glass) from vinnies for about $2 and painted it black. The backing is just a sturdy cardboard painted black also and then a series of squares and rectangles.




Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your Mum will just love that Anita. Great gift.

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!!! That looks like it would have been a TONNE of work!!! It's just Gorgeous!!! Your happy mail is being posted by hubby this afternoon : ) He will express ship it, so I hope you get it soon! You rock : ) Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nin, when you first sent me this , i thought i was gorgeous, even over sms, but seeing it bigger, it's just gorgeous!! Your Mum is going to love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gift is gonna knock 'em dead- AMAZING!!!! The overall effect is fantastic! You did a wonderful jon mixing patterns and colors without the over all design looking cluttered- the flowers and ribbon touches here and there are totally perfect. Thanks for swinging by my blog today! BY font do you mean handwriting? I haven't downloaded anything for my December Daily.. the tiny typewriter sentiments are from Cosmo Cricket tiny type christmas or Girl's Paperie Christmas collection from 2010- the sticker alphabet and word pack. Let me know if I need to get more specific- I have no problem handing over a full supply list. ;)

    ReplyDelete